Skip to main content

Medical Assistance


Medical Assistance

There are several types of Medical Assistance available: Medicaid, Child Health Plus, Family Planning and Medicare Savings Program. Eligibilty for a program depends on your income.  Your caseworker will determine what you are eligible for from the information you supply on the application.

You do not need to come into the office to apply.  You can request an application by phone or download an application on-line. You will need to fill out a supplemental form if you are 65 or older, disabled or applying for chronic care.

Health Insurance Application - Use this application to apply for Madicaid if you are 65 years of age or older, disabled, pregnant, or have an immediate medical need.

  • Medicaid

Supplemental Form A 

* Important:

All other people will need to apply for Medical Assistance through the NYS Exchange. You can contact our office for a list of local Navigators if you need help applying with the NYS Exchange.



If you do not have or cannot afford health insurance, you may be eligible for Medicaid. Eligibilty for Medicaid is based on income and other factors. Your worker will determine if you are eligible for Medicaid.

When you fill out your application for Medicaid, you will need to include copies of certain documents. The documents that are needed will be listed on the application.

NYS Medicaid  website



Caseworkers for Medicaid are:

Beverly King ( Last names A - L)

Beth King ( Last names M - Z)


Child Health Plus

CHP is for children who do not qualify for Medicaid. There is CHP A for children 19 - 21 and CHP B for children under 19. You cannot  apply for CHP at Hamilton County DSS, but you can apply through these enrollers.

NYS Child Health Plus  website


Family Planning Program

If you do not qualify for Medicaid or only want family planning services, you may be eligible for FPP. Eligibility is based on income. Both males and females of child bearing age can apply.

NYS Family Planning Benefit  website

Caseworker is: Beth King


Medicare Savings Program

MSP will pay your Medicare part B premium if you are income eligible. This is not Medicaid, it is administered by the DOH through the Medical Assistance program.

Caseworker is:  Beverly King


 NYS Medicare Savings program   website

MSP Application


 More information and related websites: