Skip to main content

Temporary Assistance

Temporary Assistance is temporary financial help for needy families or individuals. There are several kinds of assistance, Family Assistance (FA ) and Safety Net Assistance (SNA), Emergency Aid to Families (EAF) and other programs.

Family Assistance

Family Assistance is for families with a minor child in the household. You can receive TA for up to 60 months throughout your lifetime.

Temporary Assistance Application This application can be used to apply for ALL of the following:

  • Temporary Assistance
  • Medical Assistance
  • Food Stamps
  • Child Care Assistance
  • Medicare Savings Program

Safety Net Assistance

Safety Net assistance is for single adults, childless couples and others who may qualify. You can receive SNA for a maximum of 2 years in a lifetime. You will need to fill out the TA application.

You can fill out the applications ahead of time, but you will need to come into the office for a face to face interview to finish the application process.

You will also need to provide certain documentation to the worker. You may want to call ahead to make sure you have all the documents with you at the time of the office visit.

Such information may include:

  • Photo ID, driver's license or passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Rent receipt, mortgage records
  • Proof of utility expenses
  • Social security cards for the whole household
  • Current pay stubs or other proof of income
  • Proof of SS benefits, child support or veteran's benefits
  • Bank account information
  • Any unpaid bills
  • Any assets owned

More Information and related websites: